Thursday, September 1, 2011

Greetings from St. Louis

On September 1, 2011, I began my duties as the new Executive Director for the Federation of the Sisters of St. Joseph of the United States.  I am thrilled to have such an exciting position at such an important time for the Federation.  As we ride the wave of our incredible 2011 event, “Zeal for Healing the Neighborhood of God’s Sacred Universe,” I find my own zeal heightened as I embark on this important and challenging new position.
As a Federation, we continue to seek ways that we can be and act as one.  We are at a point in history where new technological tools increase the possibilities for us to communicate with each other.  I am starting this blog where I will share a brief description of some interesting persons, programs or facts that I learn. 
I travel quite a bit for the Federation and already I notice that I stumble upon interesting facts that I hope you will find interesting too.  I do not believe that I can adequately convey the character or important works that I see at each Congregation on this blog but I think I can share something that caught my attention that may be of interest to you.
One of my first duties will be to travel to Switzerland for the Global Coordinating Group and then on to France to meet some of our French sisters and then attend the International Center Board in LePuy.  I will keep you updated on my travels through the blog so stay-tuned for what I hope will be a great picture tour of Geneva and western France.

No comments:

Post a Comment